Sonntag, 6. Dezember 2009

...how I wonder what you are.

I've really been meaning to post about today's events, but somehow for the last (quite a few) minutes I've found myself staring at this photo of the Pleiades. I just can't take my eyes off it. I find it oddly soothing.

Also, it makes me want to live in a place where I can see the stars properly and not just those thirtyodd ones that make it through the neverceasing glow of the city. Oh, and while we're at it, it also makes me want to live in a place where it doesn't constantly rain, so that I might actually get an unblocked view of said perfect night sky.

Anyway, there they are, the seven sisters. And as if I didn't have anything else to do, I spent the last hour reading up on star clusters and trying to figure out how to pronounce names like Alcyone, Celaeno, Taygeta and Merope. (Ooh, also, did I mention how I love it when I track down yet another of J.K.Rowling's name sources?! I guess if I knew my Greek mythology just a tad better, I wouldn't be quite so surprised.)

Wow, look at me - all studious on a Sunday night... Gee, all this reading about new stuff made me kinda tired, guess I better call it a day.
Rightyho: hands up: who's going to finish (sorry, start and finish) tomorrow's coursework for me?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen