Samstag, 17. Juli 2010

500 (or so) days of summer.

So you wake up on a glorious Sunday morning (well, noon rather) to sun rays warming your feet, swifts screeching, church bells ringing and as you're blinking and wiping your eyes you think: "Ah, well!"
You get up, take an iced coffee from your fridge, take a sip, open your window...
...And creepy, ugly guy across the street is watching hardcore porn again.

Ah...well.


Totally unrelated:
Why it was a wise decision to leave my bike at the institute during that thunderstorm the other day, take the tram to the station instead and not cycle through the alley and park my bike in its usual place, which is this:

Ah, summer, gotta love it!

Speaking of which... That movie... It was one of those films where I saw the trailer and fell in love with it. I was 100% sure that it was going to be one of my favourite films of all times once I'd watched it. So sure that when I happened upon the DVD in a shop the other day, I had to buy it straight away. (Yes, I'm weird that way. I am familiar with the concept of video rental, theoretically, but certain films... I need them on my shelf, available at all times. Just my rodent hoarding mentality I guess.)
So, I watched it. And it's great. No, really, it is. I love it. Will definitely watch it again. Sometime. It's everything the trailer promised. Does exactly what it says on the tin. It's just...
It is exactly like the trailer. Just longer.
And the incurable romantic inside me was shouting at the screen for a last-minute happy twist to the story... But again, that's just me being weird that way. It's the old battle between wanting to watch good films, but at the same time wanting nothing too realistic because, let's face it, I can (and do) have sordid reality right under my nose every day anyway.
The makers of the film are probably laughing their heads off right now, because it seems after all to be made exactly for people like me. Dead-on.
So I better watch it again.
Or... here's a crazy thought: join the other people out there in that...thingy...reality.

1 Kommentar: